Saturday, October 10, 2009

Father/Son outing

(all ready to go!)
Brady and the boys took advantage of the beautiful fall weather by going on a bike ride. The boys were very excited about riding in the trailer (most likely b/c they knew they could pack snacks). So geared up with their two big packages of Costco sized fruit snacks, they were ready to go. They drove first to Bethesda and took the Capital Crescent Trail all the way to DC! I was SO surprised the boys lasted that long. I thought they'd sit about a half hour- 45 minutes tops, but all together they rode about 2 hrs and 14 miles. Apparently there was a lot to see and changes of scenery between the Potomac river, tunnels, trees and wildlife. They both brought a pair of toy binoculars to see animals along the trail. Bryce was so tuckered out, he just fell asleep on good ole big brothers shoulder for part of the ride home. I can't wait until I can join them, but I have to say, I did enjoy the quiet at home getting things done knowing they were having a great time. When is the next one scheduled???
(all tuckered out!)

4 comments:

ashley said...

How cute is that!! Okay, and I would last any amount of time doing anything if I had a costco sized box of fruit snacks. That's my favorite treat ever!!

Brady said...

I can't wait to do that again either, but with soccer and our Saturdays packed for the next few weeks, and winter weather around the corner...I don't know when we'll get around to doing that again...

Three Men and a Lady (plus a baby) said...

That's the spirit! LOL. Come on now grinch, there are still mornings before soccer...

Brady said...

Really?! Me the Grinch?! Lets not be pointing fingers... :)