Friday, April 23, 2010

Blessing Day



It's SO time to update... I can't believe how I seriously have no time now with 3, and a new house I'm still trying to move into, and clean, and re-organize, and clean, did I mention clean? Things tend to get messier with all the baby stuff and kids not as supervised and with my one arm/hand b/c baby is in the other. Oh well, such is life I suppose. Enough with excuses, onto my beautiful baby...
Aubryn's blessing was scheduled for February when the Darringtons were going to fly here on their way home from Orlando, FL. Of course, February was the snow of all snows, so airports were closed. We feel really blessed, they were able to fly back out here in March so they could be here for her blessing. Grandma Merz was able to come this time too and shared her 87th bday with Aubryn's blessing day. :)
It started out a little rough as Brady's mom that night said she believed he had strep throat and called in antibiotics. Grandma Merz had a nasty cough, and Brady and I were fighting off a cold and sinus infection. Not the best timing, but what can you do? It all worked out in the end and Aubryn stayed healthy. WHEW!
Aubryn had a beautiful dress knit by a woman in our ward and I could not help but be tearful during the opening prayer and announcements. Just looking at this incredible gift from God all dressed in white... the veil felt very thin. How blessed I am, and among all the clutter, mess, dirty diapers, dark circles under my eyes... I realize what truly matters. This is my purpose on Earth. To be a wife and mother and how I love my purpose and the people who give me that purpose.
Brady, Jason, my dad, Brady's dad, and Loren (our home teacher and friend) were able to take my sweet girl in their arms and Brady gave such a heartfelt, inspired blessing. I could feel the spirit so strong and the love that he had for our baby girl.
After church, we were able to come home, eat bbq chicken salad, bday cake for dessert of course and visit a bit. Pictures are always a little crazy with so many people, but managed to do that too.







3 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, you've been so busy!!! We just need to catch up already on the phone! Can you schedule me in between the poopy diaper and spilled breakfast cereal clean-up? Ha! It'll be about the same here on my end. Oh, the life!

That sweet Aubryn is a gorgeous little baby. And those beautiful eyes.....wow!

Kevin and Kristen said...

What a beautiful baby girl! She looks so sweet in her pretty dress!

Andrea said...

Aubryn is gorgeous. Wish we could see her in real life. But she is a keeper! We love and miss you all!