Monday, October 25, 2010


Carter gave our family home evening lesson last night. He said he was going to do it on the scripture, "no unclean thing can enter the house of the Lord," and it went a little something like this:
Carter: "So, no unclean thing can enter the house of the Lord. That means you can't come in if your hair is messy... or you have on muddy clothes... or a mustache (Brady usually shaves before church)...or tattoos...or if milk is spilled all over and it's on your clothes and all over your face...So what you need to do is to take a shower or a bath, change your clothes, brush your teeth, and comb your hair. If you made tattoos on your body (my kids had colored on themselves with markers all over their arms and legs the night before)them scrub them off. They might not come off all the way, but do the best you can. When you do all of these things, THEN you can enter the house of the Lord."
I added my two cents about how our insides need to be clean too and what that meant and how the temple is also the house of the Lord, etc to be cut off halfway through what I thought was an excellent tie in with "mommy, I feel like you are giving my lesson and it's my turn for the lesson..." He then bore his testimony saying that he knew that we should be "clean" when we go to church but even if we are not, we can still go to church because everyone is allowed there even if they are messy (guess he did hear part of my 'two cents').

4 comments:

Tara said...

geez mom, don't try to interrupt his lesson ;)
How are you guys? It's been WAY WAY TOO LONG. We should talk soon.

Blair & Kristen Heward said...

Isn't it cute how sweet and innocent little kids are. Atleast he's learning good hygiene.

Mandy said...

I haven't visted your blog for so long! Your kids are so cute...and that baby! She's beautiful! I love the fat rolls...she's adorable!

I need Carter to come out and teach our FHE lessons! :) So cute!

Emily Petty said...

hilarious!!