Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Typical FHE activity

We have family home evening on Tuesday nights since I teach pilates Monday nights. Inevitably for the past few month, who ever gets to chose the family activity that night picks either hide and seek or 'monster.'
Monster for those who haven't played is quite simple. Brady is the monster, and the boys run. The boys can get caught several times and released, save each other, or come to base- me. The game is typically over when someone is bleeding, bumped or has a goose egg on his head.
This night, we played monster at the park and the boys (Brady included) had a blast!
The tire swing of course is "jail" where they need to stay until they escape without Brady seeing them. In my opinion, the tire swing is really a torture chamber b/c if anyone were to swing me that fast in circles... yeah, that's torture. For whatever reason, the boys find is hysterical.


(Off to jail)


(This was the first time I noticed Carter able to do the monkey bars all by himself. Boy was he proud! And so was his mama!)
(Monkey see...monkey do. Except Bryce just got there, swung, and dropped like the monkey he really is- from way to high might I add!)

2 comments:

Brady said...

I love a good game of monster. Maybe we should buy a werewolf mask to make it a little more "real" for them? We'll talk about it...

Emily Petty said...

What a cute family! Frank saw your picture on an online Sears credit card advertisement the other day. He saw it and sent it to me - he said it was so funny to see your face pop up!