Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fart

I hate that word. Not even sure why really. I just don't like it. Our kids say "pass gas." Yeah, they are the cool kids in school for sure.
Anyways, of course hearing all kinds of fun words in kindergarten this year (luckily none too bad... yet), I hear Carter say the "F" word. Yes, Fart.
He asks me if it's a bad word. I told him it's not a bad word, I just think it's crude and there are other words to use instead. He asked, "what about 'toot?'" That's fine I say. He says, "and pass gas?" That too is fine I say.
So, Carter tells me after school they are reading a book from a series called, Arther the Farting Dog, or something like that. (I think it's Arther) Anyways... they are reading this in school and the teacher asked the question, "why did Arther fart so much?" Carter told me he raised his hand and said, "Arther tooted because he ate too many treats." His teacher asked him, "why did you say toot?" Carter said, "because fart is a cranked up word." I think he was going for the word, "crude," but whatever. Good for him! I am sure proud of that boy for keeping our family standards, even when he is not around the family. And not that "fart" is a huge deal, but it's the principle of it that makes me so proud of him.

2 comments:

Brady said...

That story is cranked up!

Emily Petty said...

I agree - I hate that word too - we say "toot" - what cute, sensitive boys you have!