Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten!


Well just sent off a part of my heart to kindergarten. I can't believe that Carter started school today and although I'm happy and excited for him, I can't help but be a sad for myself. I know, it's not like I'm sending him off to college or anything, but it still feels somehow that this is the beginning of the end. He is in the 'system' now. I won't have the majority of his time anymore. I know that this is part of learning and growing (for both of us) and a good and necessary thing. However, sometimes people have growing pains and I guess that is what I've having right now in the pit of my stomach and my heart.
I am just so happy that he was excited this morning and smiling. He is decked out in Spider-man with his backpack, lunchbox and water bottle. He seems ready for this new adventure and I'm so grateful for that. Hopefully I'll feel ready soon- is it 4:00pm yet?
Play by play of Carter's morning on the first day of school...

Tying his shoes getting ready to leave to catch the (gulp) bus.

Picture time


Walking to the bus stop with a neighbor we watch in the mornings before school

Watching the bus make it's way down the street

Getting on the(double gulp)HUGE yellow bus







Not pictured:
Mom giving several hugs, kisses and waving probably a little too enthusiastically with a big ole over excited smile plastered to my face before coming home, turning on a movie for Bryce to collect my thoughts/feelings and answering the question asked by Brady "what do you need?" by tearfully saying, "I need to hold Carter" and thinking "and never let him go."
Growing pains. A good, needed, painful thing.

2 comments:

Rusty and Tara said...

Cute little Carter getting on the bus! Who thought this day would ever come. It's so exciting they get to go do fun new things. WAY TO GO CARTER!
Do all kindergarteners go all day? Out here is just 1/2 days with the option to pay if you want the other 1/2 of the day.

Three Men and a Lady (plus a baby) said...

Yeah, it's fully day. He gets on the bus at 8:50am and off just before 4:00pm. LONG DAY! He's doing so great though!