Saturday, August 1, 2009

What to do...

...with a little GIRL???! Yep, that's right folks, somehow we've broken the boy trend and are expecting a little girl. I think I'm still kind of in shock, and although excited a little bit unsure.
During the ulrasound this past week after she told us it was a girl, we kept asking, "are you sure?" Brady kept saying, "that's awesome!" when she said yes.
That morning we asked the boys what they thought we were having and Carter said a "girl baby" and Bryce likes to say the opposite of what Carter says so he said "boy baby." Carter was thrilled to hear he was having a little sister and has not stopped kissing my growing belly and talking to her. (He is very excited that she now has grown ears and will be able to recognize his voice as her big brother Carter).
That afternoon we made sugar cookies with pink frosting and star sprinkles to pass out to family and neighbors to announce our exciting news. (We even gave the trashmen their own tupperware with cookies). Carter made a card and drew a "girl baby" with longer hair and earings "because she's a girl." He traced the words, "it's a girl" on the inside. Very cute. Bryce ate frosting. :) Okay, we all did a little of that.....


So, we find ourselves now contemplating girl names and as for myself wondering if there is a book out there titled, "how to do your little girls hair without pulling out your own."
We are so excitied to welcome this new sweet little child into our home in December!

Here are the ultrasounds we got that day. The top one she is covering her face with her fists, and the bottom is a side profile. Isn't she cute? :)

6 comments:

Stephanie B said...

Congratulations!! That's so great. There are so many cute clothes for girls - I love it!

Brady said...

That's awesome!

Andrea said...

What a beautiful little baby girl. You will love having a girl. It is so much fun! You guys will be great! We are so excited. We can't wait to see her and what her name will be.

Emily Petty said...

Congrats again - so cute to hear about your boys' excitement! And I agree about the little girl's hair thing - I watched my niece Naomi (3) for a couple days while I was home and though she was very good while I tried to do her hair - I just couldn't do it!

Tara said...

She is just the cutest thing I've ever seen! YEAAA..you will love having a girl, although it will be SO DIFFERENT after the boys. I called you today...

Oh and don't worry--there are a million blogs all about how do do cutsie litle hair-dos.

Mandy said...

Congrats! I'm excited you're having a girl!!The shopping is so much more fun for all the girly things and their accessories! :) Congrats!