Friday, December 12, 2008

Chicken heart

So I'm upstairs getting ready to go teach Pilates at night after I get Brady and the boys situated for dinner. I hear some whining and Brady downstairs telling the boys, "I had to eat chicken heart on my mission, and I just said yum, this is good, thank you even though it was really gross."
Can anyone spot anything wrong with this statement?? First of all, I suppose we are teaching our kids it's okay to lie now. Secondly, is he really comparing my chicken enchiladas to chicken heart? Seriously??

2 comments:

ashley said...

Oh my gosh Brady......THAT was funny!

Christy.......I know what you're getting for Christmas. ;o)

Brady said...

It seemed like such a good idea at the time, to make our chicken enchiladas, which were fabulous by the way, seem like they would be so much more preferable to chicken heart, for the boys perspective. After I started telling them and after I explained it, I realized how badly it was coming across as being okay to lie. That's why when I repeated to them the story I explained how hard the person had worked on making us food and we should be grateful for what we are given and simply say thanks for the meal (you don't have to say you liked it) (This is for chicken heart meals by the way and not my wifes delicious enchiladas) I'll stop rambling now...