Thursday, December 11, 2008

Live for today

So sometimes there are days where I feel like I've been yelling at my kids all day. Not really yelling, but you know what I mean. Short tempered, grumpy, so over making every little thing fun in a sweet upbeat voice...
This picture is after one of those days. After reading Carter books before bedtime I asked if I could just sit and hold him for a while. He was happy to and before long...

I just love that little guy so much and I can't believe how big he has gotten so soon. They really do grow up so fast and I just need to remember that and live in the moment more. Next year, he'll be gone most the day out in the real world at elementary school. Note to self: talk kinder, be more patient, live in the moment, 'let them be little' because they are not little for very long.

1 comment:

ashley said...

(sigh) I really do love that! Our sweet little babies.