Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a great Thanksgiving this year at Deep Creek Lake. There was about a foot of snow which all the kids loved. We met my parents, grandparents from Colorado (my mom's parents, sister Brooke and her fiance Dave, and my other sister and brother in law with their 4 kids. It was actually very relaxing and the men were great with watching and playing with the kids while the women were in the kitchen preparing the food. I was in charge of the sweet potatos this year which I've always hated, but this recipe I have has a lot of sugar and butter so it doesn't taste like sweet potatos at all- it's like a pie. YUM! It was so fun being all together and the cousins all got along really well. We had a fire going the whole time and the kids (minus broken armed Bryce) spent a lot of time swimming in the pool and hot tub.
My mom treated the women to a spa day the next day and I got an amazing hot stone massage and facial. We then all went in the hot tub and relaxed and chatted. Can't get any better than that! Did you know there is such a thing as cucumber water? Refreshing. Here's some Thanksgiving pictures.

(The turkey leaf that Carter made in preschool of what he is grateful for. He traced his hand and made a turkey and around the leaf it says, "I am thanksful for Holly because she gives me kisses on the inside of my ear!" Gross.

(Poor Bryce just watching the other cousins swim through the window on the door)

(Swimming fun)

(Carter helping me mix the sweet potatos...what a mess we made!)

(Carter peeling sweet potatos. Bryce putting stuffing in a pot. What great helpers)

(You sunk my battleship!)

(Daredevil Carter getting ready to sled)

(Faster Carter!)
(Almost as good as popsicles...)
(Grandma with some of the grandkiddos)

I have so many things to be grateful for and saw this on a friends post so thought I'd be a copycat and give it a try to name a few things I'm grateful for this year
T- Three males in my life who are the most important people to me. Who love me unconditionally and are the joy and reason to my life. I love you Brady, Carter and Brycie~
H- Hard casts. I don't know what I'd have done in the 'olden days' if my toddler broke his arm so severly. I'm grateful for surgeons, hospitals, medication and yes, the protection we now have from the hard cast on Bryce's arm as it heals.
A- Atonement. I'm so grateful to my elder brother Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice. Without Him, I would not be able to live with my Heavenly Father again and be with my family forever. He is the perfect example I try to emulate and although fall short time and time again, it's okay. That's the point of the atonement.
N- Naps. I just love a good Sunday nap when we can get them.
K- King size bed! It is so nice to be able to face the same direction without our knees knocking into eachother. I also enjoy not being hit in the head with Brady's elbow when he turns over.
S- Singing. I love to sing and express my emotions through music.
G- Gospel. I'm so grateful for the faith and courage of Joseph Smith who restored Christ's church to the earth. For the Preisthood power, for temples that families can be togehter forever. For the knowlege of the plan of happiness and for the happiness, peace and joy I experience by being part of such a tremendous blessing.
I- Insurance. Between our car accident and two trips to the ER with Bryce in the past couple months, we'd be in big trouble without it. Childrens Hospital bill alone was almost 20,000 so far and the bills are still rolling in.
V- Vitamins. This way, I can kind of negate what I ate during the day by taking one pill, it's like the cookies for lunch and chips for breakfast were nutritious.
I- Ice cream. Especially cookies and cream, and milkshakes, and magic shell topping on ice cream. MMMM.... Or and the Internet which makes blogging possible. :)
N- Never ending water supply from my tap. I love water and can't seem to get enough!
G- Getting my back scratched every night by such a sweet, wonderful husband. I love the back scratch!

2- 2 beautiful boys that keep me on my toes and let me know more about our Heavenly Father's love than I ever though possible.
0- 0 debt, especially in todays economy. What a blessing and relief!
0- 0 gray hairs- yet. Okay, actually I think I may have seen 1 the other day- I think, or maybe it was just really blonde? Anyways, it got me thinking about it...
8- 8 years of knowing my incredible husband Brady. Seven of which we've been married. I "never knew I could feel like this..." Someone mentioned in church during a talk that life never ends up how you picture it or how you imagined it would. The person beside me said under her breath, "you've got that right" and turned to me and asked if it was different than I thought. I replied, "yes. It's way better." Thanks for showing me was real love and happiness is Brady. I love you and count you as one of my greatest blessings.

1 comment:

ashley said...

GREAT post. And how fun......you guys have done so much. And really, no grey hairs?!?!?! Okay, I thought everyone our age had some. Guess not, guess most people get them at 40, NOT 27!!!!!!!!! Good thing I've been dying it!! :o)

Oh, you were asking about the setup of my blog. I did the scrapbooky title thing on photoshop. And then my layout is wider because that's what I have ti set to. Just go to customize, layout, pick new template, and then select minima or minima stretch or something. Play around with it, preview it, then save it. Is that what you were talking about????

If you want help making a cutesie little banner, let me know and send me some pictures that you want in your header. I can make you one if you don't have photoshop. Let me know little lady!!