Saturday, March 7, 2009

Toddler bed update

Thanks to all of you out there who offer sympathy and/or suggestions to help my little Bryce man sleep in the toddler bed. Here is the update....
I moved all the furniture and books out and put everything else up high. No way to climb on top of anything to get to the high things since there was no furniture. All he has now is his toddler bed in an empty room. One thing I forgot...



This was behind the dresser so we hadn't put one of the covers on it that slide over when you put the plug in. He pulled his nightlight out of the original socket, tried to plug it into the unprotected one and shocked himself. I hear him crying hard, run upstairs, and see him holding his finger. He shows me his finger and through the tears says, "dat got me!" pointing to the electrical socket. Crap.
Other than that one time my son almost electrocuted himself, things have been going really well. We didn't even have to lock him in his room for the past two nights and nap time is no longer an issue- he stays put! Miracles do still happen in our day and this is the proof! :) I guess we'll keep our Brycie after all.:) I'm glad cause I really love that little guy!

1 comment:

Emily Petty said...

Wow...he really is amazing - and what a great party you threw for Carter - I can't believe he's 5 - that makes me feel old for some reason, don't know why...