Saturday, March 14, 2009

"To be learned is good..."

But how wrong is it that I learned more from "There is No Place like Space" by Dr. Seuss than I've learned in the past 6 months plus??? For example, Jupiter, although the largest planet, is so light it could float on water?? And Neptune gives off a blue hue??? I know, you all sit there as amazed as me... don't pretend like you remember this stuff from 5th grade. (And if you really do, don't tell me).

But, I can whip up cookies, or brownies from scratch without a recipe, recite "green eggs and ham" perfectly without looking at the book, kiss away boo-boos, comfort fears, make a great el dorado beef cheese casserole (and say it without mixing up the words three times fast), sleep on a sliver of the bed because two children and a 6'5" man are in there with me, function (although barely) on just a few hours of sleep, can tell what my children want/need based on the type of cry, pack for one adult and three children for a week vacation and not forget anything, have inventive ideas to keep my kids occupied in the store, doctors office and car, teach my children manners and respect, teach them about the Lord and his love for them. Mostly importantly I can love with all my heart with complete selflessness and be happy doing it.

So what if I forgot that Mars was cold with red dust? I know other things. :)

On that note though, I can't to see what I'll learn from "Dinosaurs, the real monsters."

4 comments:

Doty6strong said...

Oh Christy, you crack me up! You haven't changed a bit....okay, yes you have, you Cook and bake?!!! J/K

Emily Petty said...

Wow - I could never bake without a recipe! Children's books are the best - and those were interesting planet facts!

ashley said...

Hahahaha.......you have some great knowledge. We should have a "mommy bowl"!!

SO, that string this freaked me out. I read your comment to Steve and told him to please watch what Connor gets in his mouth. We are usually always checking but you know how they find the most stray pieces of stuff. Scary.......now I won't be able to leave the kid alone to play. Darn it....there's always something to worry about.

ashley said...

And I meant to say that string "thing". Whoops!