Friday, January 30, 2009

Road Trip

Thursday again. Four kids, two 2 year olds (one in each arm)and two 4 year olds holding hands as we walk what seems like a mile to the fitness first in Rockville. (Seriously, what is with the lack of "expecting mother parking or mothers with infant parking?! Okay, so I'm neither, but still 4 kids 4 and under I think should qualify, but why even debate it because they don't have it anyways!- But should!!) Back to this past Thursday... so after getting on coats, shoes, socks, gloves, hats and braving the icy sidewalk and street to the car to drive to Rockville in the first place, and then again getting the kids out of the car and into the gym, I open the door of course at 10:30 (which is what time my class starts) needing to sign in the kids, take off coats, gloves and hats before kisses, hugs and running up the stairs two or three at a time to get to my class a minute or two late (which is okay b/c they are still setting up and the class before is just getting out...) However.... this Thursday, I come in, kids in tow, with the wind blown look and a sweat glistening off my forehead b/c we hike a mile to get in there b/c there is never any parking and the lady at the front desk says to me, "Oh Christy, it was a two hour delay today." (Because of the two inches of snow TWO DAYS AGO!) "There is no childcare until noon. Do you not know fitness firsts school delay policy?" Uhhh....does it LOOK like I know the policy? Does she think I thought it would be FUN to run through the icy parking lot carrying two kids and having the others hold onto my pant leg and eachother? She looks at me, I stare at her and blinked a few times. She says, "no, I guess not." She hands me a flyer with the delayed school policy which is really helpful at this point. Good news is that my class was also cancelled because of the delay so I didn't have to worry about a bunch of people waiting for me upstairs and no place to put the 4 kids 4 and under. So, I gather everyone up again, put on the gloves, hats and coats that have already been torn off in the 30 seconds we've been inside standing in the lobby, pick up the two boys, have the kids grab each others hands and my leg, WALK out in the icy parking lot a mile away to the car and head home after a fun road trip just for the heck of it.

3 comments:

ashley said...

At least it wasn't raining this time?? ;o)

Hahaha......what a stinkin' pain. Oh, and way to get the last word in during your dialogue.......

"Okay, so I'm neither, but still 4 kids 4 and under I think should qualify, but why even debate it because they don't have it anyways!- But should!!)"

You cracked me right up!!

Tara said...

that would just tick me off! But why are you toting two extra kids around?

Emily Petty said...

Too funny! Not at the time I guess...how frustrating! I love it when people ask dumb questions.