Monday, January 5, 2009

Things I love about Christmas

So, I did this for Thanksgiving and thought it would be a fun idea to do for Christmas to. To think of things I love about Christmas according to each beginning letter.
C- Christ's birth of course. So grateful for his perfect example, teachings and love for me and everyone. For His sacrificing and dying for me so that I may too become perfect through Him and live again with my Father in Heaven and family forever.
H- Hot chocolate. I made a few cute bags at a super saturday church activity to give away to neighbors and teacher, but have drank almost all of them... sorry neighbors.
R- Reindeer stories and the magic in the air. Carter made "reindeer food" at school that had glitter, oatmeal, candy cane pieces, and pretzel pieces in it. He came home and made some for Bryce that had oatmeal, pretzels, raisins and chocolate chips. They went outside in the freezing weather and sprinkled it all over our front yard. We've had a lot of birds visit lately. Wonder why...?
I- I like christmas decorations and lights on the houses as we drive by. ( I know that's stretching it for "I" but oh well...)
S- Singing carols every Christmas eve with family and friends at a local nursing home. Seeing the happiness in their eyes as we sing and watching my kids pass out cards and colorings they've done at home for the "old people."
T- Time together with family.
M- Music definitly. I sang "O' Holy Night" in church and love to listen to Christmas songs and sing them.
A- A lot of treats and cookies!
S- Serving others. Tis the season to look for acts of service to do especially to be more like Christ.
Christmas 2008 update to follow as I figure out pictures...
Merry late Christmas!

1 comment:

Emily Petty said...

Hey! I didn't know you had a blog! I read about it in your Christmas letter - I must admit that I'm pretty addicted to blogging, but it's such a fun to catch up with friends with family (especially when we're so far away) and record family memories for yourself! I've enjoyed looking through your blog - your Christmas pictures are GREAT! Our blog is columbiafamily.blogspot.com