Friday, January 16, 2009

SNOW!! Kind of...

This morning was 11 degrees outside! (I know...all you people out west dealing with
-11 think I'm a baby) BRRR! I say if it's this cold, it should at least snow, which it did the night before last...kind of. I woke up yesterday morning with Carter shouting, "SNOW!" Look everyone it snowed! Mommy...MOMMY! It snowed! Come look! I"m going to to play, come on Bryce....!" I drag myself out of bed determined to be excited for the first snowfall of the year to see this...

Well, without the kids anyways...the snow part was the same. Being the good mom that I am, I use my 'excited' voice, but then really couldn't help but to laugh and really enjoy seeing my children "play" in the "snow." They were scraping it off the sidewalk to try to eat it and said "ewww..." Uh, yeah, b/c there is still the cement showing through! I suggested eating it off the cars... a little less dirt there? Maybe? Anyways, they liked that and riding their scooters up and down the sidewalk until I made them come in 10 minutes later. With Bryce finally feeling a bit better and seeing an end to the croup tunnel, I didn't want to risk the cold air making him more sick. (but hey...dirty snow is fine...):)
We came in and had our hot cocoa with our cereal. What a fun "snow day" (or hours since it was gone a few hrs later...)!

No comments: