Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bye bye baby...


Well, it's happened, my baby is now officially a "big boy." Last night he spent the night in a toddler bed. I knew it wouldn't be much longer for my little monkey boy to figure out how to climb in and out of the crib himself. So, instead of risking another broken appendage, we decided to switch him over to a "big boy bed." At least it's not a twin size, that might really be too much for me. For whatever reason, the crib is the hardest thing for me to let go of. As if the next step is college. Maybe it's just one less thing that he needs me for. I feel like at least with Carter I got some time to mourn the "loss of my baby" because I had another one on the way and the transition from crib to big bed (although he went right to a twin) was over a period of months. Bryce just up and decided without consulting me that he had moved on. Sigh. So our night have been long and consist of me sitting outside his door waiting for him (every 10 seconds) to come open it and try to get out of his room. I saw this approach on supernanny and it worked. You know put the child right back in bed without saying a word and in a few days all is good. I'll let you know how super she really is in a few days.
(Starts out innocently enough)
The climbing out process begins... NOTE: No Bryce's were injured in the taping of this event.



((Just before 11pm...FINALLY!)

No comments: