Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wedding video blues

Today while I was at a church meeting, Brady showed the boys our wedding video. Brady said Carter was really into it and even said, "this is so sad, it makes me want to cry." When Brady asked why, Carter said, "it's so sweet. I'm glad you married mommy."
But then later tonight I was talking to Carter about it and told him, sometimes we are so happy we feel like crying and he said, "It was sweet, but sad. I wanted to cry because I was really sad." I asked him why and he said, "because you have to leave your mom and dad!" He asked me if he had to get married and leave me, and of course I told him no. He said, "but what about my mission?" I told him I'd write him letters and send him packages in the mail. I told him I'd even put in bubble-gum. He asked me to make him a blanket out of rocket ships for his mission, which of course I agreed to. I also told him I'd send him mentos (my mom send my brother tons of those who is currently serving a mission in MN). Suddenly he didn't seem quite as sad.

No comments: